Chicken and Potato Soup. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. This hearty chicken potato soup is an alternative to typical chicken noodle. With celery, carrots, and russet potatoes, it's a comforting meal great for cold days.
A chicken noodle chowder, with tender chicken chunks and crumbly potatoes in an incredibly cheesy, comforting broth. Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until brown, then add in the onions and garlic. You can have Chicken and Potato Soup using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Potato Soup
- You need 1 lb of cubed cooked chicken.
- Prepare 1 of serving Little Extra Chicken Broth.
- You need 2 of carrots small dice.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks small dice.
- Prepare 2 of small russet potatoes small dice.
- You need 1 TBS of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 TBS of Poultry Seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Parsley.
- You need of Salt and Pepper TT.
I use the chicken breast meat for the soup, which I shred and the rest of the chicken I roast in the oven for a few minutes and serve along side a salad, and use the entire broth in the chicken potato soup. If using store bought chicken broth, use a rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket. You could shred all the meat from it, use most. Creamy Chicken Potato Soup has chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions with a creamy broth.
Chicken and Potato Soup instructions
- Add all ingredients to 5 or 6 quart stock pot..
- Bring to rolling boil. Simmer for 45-60 minutes.
Sometimes you need a hearty soup for those cold nights. This soup is stick to your ribs comfort food! The perfect comforting meal for a cozy night in, this easy soup is pretty much the definition of "hygge". Adding diced potatoes gives the soup hearty texture, but you could also try adding other vegetables, such as diced carrots, cubed sweet potato, or even a cup of fresh or frozen corn. What I love about this chicken potato soup recipe.