How to Prepare Perfect Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup
Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add cauliflower, broth, parsley, salt and pepper, basil and tarragon. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter.
Serve it with crusty bread for a light dinner or serve small portions for a decadent opening to a bigger meal. In a saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. You can have Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 4 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 4 sprigs of thyme chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese (any type) I used double cheddar.
- Prepare of Fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare Dash of salt.
- Prepare of Chili peppers (Optional for a kick).
- Prepare of Chives (Optional for color).
Blend in blender to desired consistency. Heat the oil with the butter in a heavy pot over low heat. Melt the butter or margarine in a stockpot over medium high heat. Can this Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe be made dairy-free or vegan?
Cream of Cauliflower & Cheese Soup step by step
- Prep your cauliflower into small pieces removing leaves & stock.
- Pour olive oil in medium pot with garlic and saute for few minutes then add chicken stock, heavy cream & cauliflower and simmer.
- Add chopped thyme, pepper & salt then bring pot to a small boil to fully cook cauliflower pieces.
- When fully cooked use a blender/ immersion blender to cream up the soup then add shredded cheese stir until melted then serve.
The main liquid in this cauliflower soup is simply low-sodium vegetable broth. But the creamy nature comes from unsweetened, fat-free half and half (or heavy cream, if you prefer), stirred in towards the end. This cauliflower soup is made extra creamy and thick with the addition of potatoes. You can make it even richer by stirring in some cream or creme fraiche, but I don't think it's needed. Stir in cauliflower and chicken broth.