How to Make Tasty SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. This makes a very thick vegetarian split pea soup. To make it thinner, reduce the amount of split peas or add more water.
This is a pantry staple recipe with a few fresh root vegetables. #soup #splitpea #split #pea #dried #yellow #dumplings #vegetarian How To Make Split Pea Soup. To make Vegetarian Split Pea Soup Recipe, I saute onion, garlic, celery in oil until onion is soft. Stir in parsley, thyme, oregano, basil, and bay leaf, cook until fragrant. You can have SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
- Prepare 1 lb of split peas.
- It’s 6 of large carrots.
- You need 5 stalks of celery.
- You need 1 of medium-large leek with dark green top removed and discarded.
- You need 1 of large (not gigantic) onion.
- You need 4 tablespoons of olive oil Or unsalted butter.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 9-10 cups of water.
Add carrot, potatoes, split peas, vegetable broth, Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for an hour. Add salt to taste and green onion. Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to a pot with the olive oil and oregano. Add the dried green split peas, chopped carrots and potatoes and the vegetable stock.
SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN instructions
- Small chop or large dice all vegetables..
- In Dutch oven (large pot) heat olive oil or unsalted butter to medium-low.
- Sautee veggies slowly about 12 minutes until cooked down slightly, stirring occasionally..
- Add split peas, water and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cook 75 minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed..
You can also freeze larger portions in large ziplock. Healthy, beautifully textured, and colorful this split yellow pea soup makes for a terrific lunch. The yellow split pea soup base is topped with a tzatziki-inspired yogurt dollop, a touch of mint, a spoonful of finely chopped black olives, and a drizzle of olive oil. Thick, creamy and luscious, this Lebanese green split pea soup is a unique vegetarian and vegan spin on split pea soup, made with traditional Middle Eastern seasonings. Top with za'atar (a blend of dried herbs, sesame, and sumac) for a really special flavor. (Recipe adapted from the Middle Eastern Vegetarian Cookbook by Salma Hage).