Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. I no longer need to look anywhere else! This was absolutely delicious and just what I was looking to make on a cool Autumn night. Go ahead and flag this chicken and wild rice recipe—it's sure to become a family favorite.
Classic creamy chicken and wild rice soup is filled with ingredients that I don't usually use – chicken, of course, chicken broth, and even heavy cream. At its core, though, traditional wild rice soup contains a base of delicious fall vegetables and the yummy, hearty rice, so it's not hard to imagine a vegetarian version. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender. You can have Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- It’s 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 3 of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 of dried bay leaf.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Hers is the best and perfect when you are sick and need some mama comfort love. But I was not sick and wanted to try something different. So I decided to whip up a healthy version of creamy chicken and rice soup.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup step by step
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
Dinner: Chickpea and Rice soup with Kale from the Post Punk Kitchen. Grilled flatbread Cucumbers and tomato wedges No. This creamy, luscious chicken and wild rice soup is quick and easy to make thanks to pre-cooked rice and rotisserie chicken. For the herby cranberry sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Add chicken, kale, cream & serve: Stir-in shredded chicken and slowly pour the cream over hot simmering soup pot.