Recipe: Tasty Corn soup
Corn soup. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter or margarine. The base for this soup, corn stock, can be frozen and used in all kinds of vegetable soups. It is also a good poaching stock for fish.
After onions are translucent, add chicken stock. Mexican street corn, also known as Elote, is grilled corn that is lathered in a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, cotija cheese, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro. How much flour do you need to thicken a soup? You can cook Corn soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corn soup
- You need 1 of cob of corn detached or slice off.
- It’s Bunch of slice seaweed (your optional amount).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s to taste of Salt and white pepper.
- Prepare of Cornstarch liquify.
- It’s of Water enough for a bowl of soup.
This sweet corn soup makes a great appetizer or a delicious dinner served with garlic bread and a salad. I like toasting up Schar ciabatta rolls with a spread of garlic butter for a gluten-free option. In the fall my kids love Butternut Squash Soup Recipe in the fall and this soup in the summer. It's great for using up summer corn!
Corn soup step by step
- Bring water to boiling point on low heat.add corn simmer for a little bit..
- Add liquify corn starch stir constanly. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Crack your egg keep stirring. (Achieve the thick consistency) put the heat off..
- Last step add the seaweed. And you are set. Optional you can add crab meat..
I make this corn soup numerous times the abundance of corn overflows in the farmers' markets. I make the recipe exactly, except I sometimes forgo the thyme, or add parsley. i always include basil. As the corn season wanes, I make batches of the soup, and freeze it. Sweet corn soup recipe – a comforting, healthy and delicious mixed soup make with corn kernels & veggies. Sweet corn soup is a popular soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine & is very common on the Indian Chinese restaurant menus.