How to Prepare Delicious Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Stuffed Cabbage Soup. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. I wanted stuffed cabbage for dinner. So I ran to the market and got all the ingredients.
Stuffed Cabbage Soup, like Stuffed Cabbage Casserole is an easier and less involved recipe than the classic stuffed cabbage rolls your grandma used to make. Add the cabbage to the soup and stir to incorporate. Stuffed cabbage is one of those foods that instantly takes me back to my childhood. You can have Stuffed Cabbage Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic & herb seasoning.
- It’s 1.25 pounds of ground beef (90/10).
- You need 1 of yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium green cabbage (chopped or diced).
- You need 2-3 of carrots, cut to your liking.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of bottle of beef broth.
- It’s 3 (8 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- You need 8 oz of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need of Optional:parsley.
One bite, and I am transported back to that blue-formica-topped kitchen counter watching Mom carefully roll the meat filling in the cabbage leaves. Oddly enough, even as a child, this was one of my favorite meals. VIEW RECIPE The very Best Stuffed Cabbage Soup is like the lazy girl's stuffed cabbage recipe….all the ingredients thrown into a pot and simmered to perfection. We're one day closer to winter and the wind last night made me very aware that it's time to put away the shorts even though I haven't worn them in weeks.
Stuffed Cabbage Soup instructions
- Pour olive oil into pot over medium high heat. Add ground beef, garlic, salt, pepper, & Italian seasoning. Break up meat with spatula & let cook 5 minutes. Then add onion & cook 2-3 minutes..
- Note: you may want to switch to a bigger pot* Add your remaining ingredients to the pot, stir & bring to simmer. Add salt, pepper and more minced garlic if desired. Turn heat down to medium-low and let cook with lid on for 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally, and reduce heat to low for the last 10 minutes. You can add parsley or parmesan cheese for garnish. Enjoy!.
Easy Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Soup Recipe; Easy Unstuffed Cabbage Soup Recipe; My three year old has really been into soup lately. I'm not sure if it's because of the cooler weather or the fact that she just likes to sip her food. It's really tough when you have picky eaters. Although this list may seem long, most of them are pantry staples. Which means, all this recipe takes is a quick trip to the grocery store for a few.