Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome. There are a few keys to making this soup really special: Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
As you incorporate the milk and broth into the cooked onion and flour mixture, keep the heat at medium and stir continuously with a whisk. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken broth and season generously with salt and pepper. You can cook Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of cream 18%.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cups of broccoli florets.
- You need 1 of carrot, shredded.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
This is the best broccoli cheese soup. Not only that, it's some of the best soup I've ever tasted, period. If you like Panera's broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it. It's absolutely perfect comfort food and I couldn't stop eating […] In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup step by step
- In large pot melt butter over medium heat, add onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add flour and continue to stir for about five minutes..
- Slowly mix in chicken broth until fully incorporated. Add cream stirring constantly. Carefully bring to the boil. You must watch the pot because this will boil quickly. Once it comes to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly..
- Now your soup base should be slightly thickened. If too thick add either more broth or cream depending on your taste. Add broccoli, shredded carrot and garlic, allow to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until veggies are soft..
- Using a hand blender, carefully blend up the soup until desired texture/ consistency. Slowly add the two cups of cheese, constantly stirring. Keep stirring until all the cheese is melted and soup is heating through. Server and garnish with remaking cheese..
Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. Creamy and delicious broccoli cheddar soup made in ONE POT on the stovetop. This soup is easy to make and full of flavor (the "secret" to this soup is in the spices!). Serve this broccoli cheddar soup recipe with this Italian Salad, Roasted Vegetables, and/or a crusty loaf of bread! pro tips for making broccoli cheddar soup: Make sure to chop the broccoli into small florets, otherwise they won't be tender in time.