Recipe: Perfect 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup
10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. The best, healthy hearty, easy lentil soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop. Loaded with vegetables, brown lentils, Italian herbs and spices.
An easy, everyday recipe for lentil soup with potatoes, carrots, kale, and simple herbs and seasonings. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. This Vegan Lentil Soup recipe is so incredibly easy to make using very basic pantry staple ingredients! You can cook 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup
- Prepare of Base vegetables.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of small shallots, diced.
- It’s 4 of large carrots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 4 of celery stalks, thinly sliced.
- Prepare to taste of Sea salt and black pepper,.
- Prepare of Add later vegetables.
- You need 3 cups of baby potatoes.
- It’s of Soup base.
- Prepare 4 cups of broth.
- It’s 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked green or brown lentils, rinsed and drained.
- It’s of Add later vegetables.
- It’s 2 cups of kale, chopped.
This lentil soup recipe is packed with plant-based protein, low-fat, oil-free and is simple to make, not to mention loaded with delicious flavor! What lentils to use in this tortilla soup. There are so many different lentils and names for them. Red Lentils come in various varieties.
10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup step by step
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add water (or oil), garlic, shallots/onion (optional), carrots, and celery. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender and golden brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic (turn heat down if it’s cooking too quickly.).
- Add potatoes and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more..
- Add broth and rosemary or thyme and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a rolling simmer. Then add lentils and stir. Once simmering again, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender..
- Add kale, stir, and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes more to wilt. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt and pepper for overall flavor, vegetable broth if it’s become too thick, or herbs for earthy flavor..
- Enjoy as is or serve with rice, cauliflower rice, or a side of flatbread or rolls (links above). I love garnishing mine with a little fresh parsley for a pop of color and freshness (optional)..
It is smoky, flavorful, delicious and so hearty! Ready in less than an hour! Open the lid, and mix in the greens. Add some cayenne and lime juice. Taste and adjust salt and flavor.