3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint. Add the green peas and a little bit of water and simmer until the peas are soft, but not mushy and the water reduces to half. Add chopped mint, salt and pepper to taste and toss everything together. Serve warm with your favorite piece of meat, as a side dish.
Pea Soup with Langostinos and Mint. Be sure not to fill the blender more than halfway full or the soup will explode everywhere. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprig of mint and serve the spring pea and mint soup alone. You can have 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint
- Prepare 400 gr of Frozen Peas (or 350 gr Fresh Shelled Peas).
- Prepare 1 of Medium Potato Peeled and Diced.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Clove Smashed.
- It’s 500 ml of Veg or Chicken Stock.
- You need 4 Tbs of Fresh Chopped Mint.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Lemon Or Better lime Juice.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 150 ml of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 Bunch of Spring Onions – Trim and Chopped.
Peas and mint are perfect partners in this Fresh Green Pea Soup with Mint. The cool taste of tiny bits of fresh mint adds a touch of elegance to this lovely springtime soup. Plain yogurt replaces heavy cream for a lighter fare and gives the soup a slightly tangy flavor and a rich creaminess. This pea and mint soup is the perfect healthy homemade option for lunch.
3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint instructions
- Put the Stock into a large Pan and bring to Boil – Add the Potatoes and Galic for 15 mins until Very Soft..
- Add Peas and simmer for 5 mins, Add rest of items apart from Sour cream then allow to Cool. Transfer into a blender or Food Processor and Blitz until as Smooth as you like..
- Add Half the Sour Cream and season to Taste.
- Chill to be heated later or Serve Cold (you may need add a little more stock as it will thicken). Add the Remaining Sour Cream and Garnish with a mint leaf..
Finish with a dollop of fat-free natural yogurt and stir into the soup for a tasty Garnish with mint leaves, if you like. Top tip for making Slimming World's green pea and mint soup. Serve with a slice of wholemeal. Buy the ingredients for our Green pea and mint soup recipe from Tesco today. A minted pea purée on your plate is like a breath of spring, no matter what time of year you make it.