Recipe: Appetizing Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle
Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Peel.and de-seed the rest of the squash, chop into chunks. Peel and chopp the sweet potatoes, onion an garlic add to the water with the stock cubes, Boil until cooked, blend into a smooth soup.
Always up for making new soups so tried this, own recipe & its lovely. A tad on sweet side though so can change sweet potatoes for normal. See great recipes for Pasta with a spicy beetroot sauce, feta, dill and walnuts too! You can have Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle
- You need of Soup.
- It’s 1 of medium Butternut Squash. Do not peel.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of medium sweet potatoes,peeled and. chopped.
- It’s 4 of large cloves of garlic peeled and chopped.
- It’s 3/4 liter of water, adjust later if needed,.
- It’s 3 of vegetable stock cubes.
- You need 1 pinch of thyme,salt and cayenne pepper each.
- Prepare of Baked/ Grilled Butternut Squash.
- It’s 1 of good pinch dried thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil for drizzling.
- It’s 1/2 of red chilli finely.chopped to garnish,.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each salt and cayenne pepper to season.
- You need of Herb Drizzle.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch fresh parsley, just leaves,very finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 clove of garlic,crushed.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon, juice only.
- Prepare 100 ml of olive oil.
I think roasting the bacon with the squash was the best idea I've had in years. The squash ends up bubbling in the bacon fat and sucking up all of that smoked taste…oops. Diced onions sweat with the herbs, garlic, and spice. This might be the best soup I have ever tasted in my entire life.
Sig's Double Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Drizzle instructions
- Cut 4 slices about 2cm thick of the thin end of the unpeeled Squash, set aside, preheat oven to 180 C/gas 6.
- Peel.and de-seed the rest of the squash, chop into chunks.Peel and chopp the sweet potatoes, onion an garlic add to the water with the stock cubes,.
- Boil until cooked, blend into a smooth soup..
- Season with salt,cayenne pepper and the thyme..
- Take the unpeeled set aside slices of squash (yes you can eat the skin), toss in a oven tin with the thyme,olive oil salt and cayenne pepper roast until.soft, then crisp of under grill.
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients set aside,.
- When all is cooked add one slice of squash to each flat bowl of soup, garnish with the dressing,.chopped red chilli and perhaps some croutons,.
A nice way to use up a good amount of summer squash. This soup is a soft, pastel shade of yellow, and aside from a hint of tang from the buttermilk, is quite mild in flavor. I finish it with a cumin brown butter drizzle that punches right through the creaminess, and plenty of chopped chives. Onion – I like to use red onion, as it's a bit sweeter and goes very well with butternut squash, but you can also use a yellow onion if you like. Fresh thyme – I love thyme in this soup because it was just meant to go with butternut squash.