Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Sig's Lentil, Artichoke and Scallion Soup
Sig's Lentil, Artichoke and Scallion Soup. Vegan Lentil Artichoke Soup makes a delicious and quick meal. This delicious Red Lentil Artichoke Stew recipe from The Cancer Survivor's Guide by Dr. The Lentil Soup recipe out of our category Vegetable Soup!
This fresh-tasting soup has a bit of texture to it. Add bread or a sandwich, and it's a super-simple, homey lunch. Strain it, and it's a silky, refined first course. You can have Sig's Lentil, Artichoke and Scallion Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Lentil, Artichoke and Scallion Soup
- It’s 2 can of puy or other dark lentil , washed and drained.
- You need 4 medium of scallions, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 can of artichokes in oil or water ,(if using oiled variety safe half the oil, if using in water variety discard water..
- You need 1/2 of red chilli pepper very finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of vegetable stock cubes.
- You need 4 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil., or reserved oil from can.
- It’s 350 ml of water, adjust to preference of taste after blending ..
The artichokes in this stew add dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate. Source: The Survivor's Handbook: Eating Right for Cancer Survival by Neal Barnard, MD, and Jennifer Reilly, RD. Try this Artichoke and Lentil Stew recipe, or contribute your own. Add the broth, artichoke hearts, lentils, kale, salt, and several grinds of black pepper.
Sig's Lentil, Artichoke and Scallion Soup instructions
- this soup is straight forward, prepare all vegetables.
- put all ingredients in pan.
- boil gently for about 15 minutes..
- take of heat cool slightly..
- blend until very smooth.
- gently heat and simmer for 15 minutes ,stirring it to prevent from setting on bottom of pan ..
- I served this with bread croutons, fried apple and soft goats cheese ( or use a vegetarian soft cheese).
Adjusting Jerusalem Artichoke Soup for Special Diets. To make the soup more filling lentils can be added or for an even nuttier taste why not add a few chestnuts to the mix? The soup can be prepared in advance to this point and refrigerated. Add the carrot slices and cook until they are tender but still crunchy, remove the soup The single bouillon cube adds a little salt; you may want more. Stir in the scallions just before serving.