How to Cook Delicious Vickys Homemade Onion Soup Packet Seasoning Mix
Vickys Homemade Onion Soup Packet Seasoning Mix. Garlic, onions, soy sauce and onion soup mix flavor the tender beef in these savory hot sandwiches served with a tasty, rich broth for dipping. The seasoned beef makes delicious cold sandwiches, too. —Marilyn Brown, West Union, Iowa HOMEMADE DRY ONION SOUP MIX. This is a deliciously easy Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix recipe.
Combine potato flakes, dry milk, bouillon granules, onion, chives, pepper, thyme, garlic powder, and seasoning salt in a bowl and stir to mix. So glad to see a home made version of the Lipton Onion Soup recipe. The store bought version has trans fat in it which I avoid if at all possible. You can have Vickys Homemade Onion Soup Packet Seasoning Mix using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Homemade Onion Soup Packet Seasoning Mix
- You need 50 grams of dehydrated flaked onion/ dried minced onion (2/3 cup).
- Prepare 3 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of celery salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard powder/turmeric (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
I use your recipe for the taco seasoning all the time. I have a old recipe book titled More Make A Mix Cookery which has a lot of home made mixes. If you thought you needed Lipton Onion Soup Mix to make a delicious onion dip or yummy meatloaf …etc, you were wrong…. It is so easy to make your own Homemade Onion Soup Mix that you can use in so many recipes.
Vickys Homemade Onion Soup Packet Seasoning Mix instructions
- Shake all ingredients together in a jar with a good fitting lid.
- 4tbsp of the mix is the equivalent of 1 package onion soup mix.
- Use in casseroles, soups, crockpot/slow cooker meals, as a rub or in marinades where the ingredients call for a packet of onion soup mix. Can also be added to sour cream or yogurt for a tasty dip.
- Will keep well for 6 months.
I always used to use Lipton Onion Soup Mix for so many things from making dips to meatloaf and roasts to gravy….etc because it added so many food flavors to the meals. Here are some of my favorite homemade seasoning mix recipes, but before I share them I wanted to give you another way to save money in the grocery store. Apart from onion soup mix, you could also try other soup mixes to flavor the beef. Onion and mushroom soup mix, herb with garlic soup mix, and beefy onion soup mix all make fantastic alternatives! Want to try this in a slow cooker?