Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Sig's Leek and Cabbage Soup
Sig's Leek and Cabbage Soup. A chicken stock based soup made with a mirepoix of carrot, onion and celery, and cooked with sliced leeks, cabbage, potatoes, seasonings and spicy Who knew that the combination of cabbage with leeks made such a great soup?! Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Bavarian Leek Cabbage Soup This was not very good.
This soup is a delicious but healthy comfort food for a cold winter day! Fairly simple to prepare, it is great for a weeknight dinner, or to keep in the fridge for lunch. Add in your leeks and garlic, stir, and cover. You can cook Sig's Leek and Cabbage Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Leek and Cabbage Soup
- You need 4 medium of leeks , chopped and washed thoroughly.
- You need 1/2 small of savoy cabbage , shredded and washed.
- You need 2 of vegetable stockcubes or to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each salt ,cayenne pepper, dried tarragon and parsley.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh cream(optional).
- You need 1 pinch of of chilli powder for each serving to garnish.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chives for garnish.
This easy sauteed cabbage and leeks recipe is a great side dish to any meal, especially for corned beef, pot roast, or ham. The cabbage and leeks are sautéed and then simmered to perfection with a small amount of chicken stock, butter, and seasonings. Irresistible French Potato and Leek Soup. Leek, cabbage onion and parsley in stock.
Sig's Leek and Cabbage Soup instructions
- After chopping ,shredding and cleaning the leeks and cabbage put together with the coriander into a pot .Add 4 cups of water and bring to boil..
- When cabbage and leeks are soft blend into a smooth soup ..
- Add all other ingredients except the chilli and chives.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and add more water if needed.
- Garnish witha light sprinkle of chilli powder and the chives..
Salmon) to be a Shropshire specialty. Original Receipt from British Food Trust. Add the sliced leeks, cabbage, and kale, toss to coat with the butter. Lower the heat to low, cover and gently cook until the greens are wilted, about Ham, Potato and Leek Soup. Cabbage and Kale Slaw with Caraway Ranch Dressing.