Recipe: Appetizing Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup
Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup. Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup Just love mushroom soup and had some bread that needed using. Bread when pureed is a good thickening agent. Just love onion soup, and I wanted to make something to compliment the sky yesterday, had some red onions that needed using up, so this came about.
Add in fresh chicken stock gradually and pour in milk. Jordan loves it and says it is better than Panera's. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can cook Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup
- It’s 40 grams of unsalted butter ,melted.
- You need 500 head of Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 large of Spanish onion, peeled and chopped very finely.
- You need 150 ml of 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 150 ml of water or 1/2 cup.
- It’s 4 of to 5 slices of soft white bread, broken into small bits.
- It’s 1 of or 2 good pinches of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of or 2 pinches of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped coriander or parsley for garnish ( if using dried parsley only use half the amount compared to the fresh as dried herbs are stronger in flavour).
- You need 150 ml of heavy or double cream ( optional ).
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of cognac or brandy ( optional).
Place mushrooms in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. In the last five minutes, add the coconut or plant milk, continue cooking for five minutes. Chef John's Creamy Mushroom Soup Chef John's Creamy Mushroom Soup. Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup with Asiago Cheese Bread.
Sig's Bread and Mushroom soup instructions
- Gently heat the butter in a pan, sauté the onions and the mushrooms in this until they are soft but not browned.
- Add the torn or shredded white bread and the milk and water , leave to soak in for about ten minutes..
- Puree all ingredients except the double cream and brandy if using in the soup and return to heat , do not boil , add more milk or water if you want it thinner.
- Add the parsley, you can use dried (but only use half the amount ) and cream if using and season with salt and the pepper.
- Add the cognac if using stir into soup Serve..
This creamy wild mushroom soup can be a go to week night meal or fancy enough to serve during the upcoming holidays, and it only takes around a half hour to pull it together. It's been a staple in casseroles, sauces, and soups for decades for a reason—the smooth, creamy ingredient is a flavor-packed powerhouse. Whether you're making an easy weeknight dinner (we love this Chicken Tetrazzini) or a holiday side dish (you can't go wrong with a classic Green Bean Casserole), these. These rich mushroom soup recipes are easy to make at home. Don't miss the rest of our great soup recipes and easy mushroom recipes!