Sig's 2 Bean, Spinach and Garlic Soup. I was cold and hungry that's all , this is what I had available to make a soup with , ha and does it work. Puree mixture using an immersion blender. Or, puree in a blender and return to pan.
I love coming back home to a hot slow cooked meal, a few other crock pot favorites are Brown Sugar Baked Beans, Chickpea Sweet Potato Stew, and Navy Bean Bacon and Spinach Soup. This started out as an experiment, and ended as a soup. White beans are soaked overnight for this chunky soup with fresh spinach, garlic and parsley, perfect for a hearty, healthy weeknight meal. You can have Sig's 2 Bean, Spinach and Garlic Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's 2 Bean, Spinach and Garlic Soup
- You need 750 ml of fresh vegetable stock.
- You need 1 can of borletti beans, drained weight about 150 grams.
- It’s 1 can of cannelloni beans , drained weight about 150 grams.
- Prepare 6 of waxy small potatoes cut into quarters.
- It’s 250 grams of fresh baby spinach leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of raspberry or red wine vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of to 2 slices of medium cut white bread.
- You need 3 of or 4 large cloves of smoked garlic if possible, if not available use ordinary.
- It’s 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 large of hardboiled egg, whites only.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the chicken broth, cannellini beans, bay leaves and cumin. Pour the soup into a large bowl. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until tender.
Sig's 2 Bean, Spinach and Garlic Soup instructions
- Add the potatoes to a pot with 500 ml of the stock..
- Drain the beans into a sieve and run under cold water until the water runs clear add to the pot with the potatoes and boil for ten or so minutes..
- Add the spinach , there is no need to chop it as it will wilt then add the vinegar and let it gently boil for another ten minutes..
- Chop the peeled garlic into halves and pull the bread into bits. Heat the olive oil in a pan , brown both the garlic and bread together but do not burn , remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Hard boil your egg, cool and separate white from yolk, (only egg white to be used).
- When drained put into a blender with the spices and blend roughly.
- Then add the hardboiled egg white only blend again.Now add the rest of the stock to this mixture and blend until it becomes a glossy light coloured cream.
- Pour this gently into your soup. This will thicken your soup ..
- Let boil until it is thick like a broth ..
- Season with salt if needed , serve with rustic bread ..
This is an incredibly delicious and hearty soup (one I make often), especially considering its ease in preparation and its simplicity. I do love baby spinach but I love Swiss Chard even better, so I chose to use that instead, including the ribs, which I sliced like celery and simmered in the soup for ten minutes before adding the chopped leaves and the beans. This recipe for Quick & Easy Spinach, White Bean & Pasta Soup is a simple and tasty soup that's the perfect lunchtime meal. This recipe is great for a night that you want a home-cooked meal, but don't have the time to cook. In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, bring the beans, broth, garlic, bay leaf, and carrots to a boil.