How to Prepare Perfect Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese
Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese. Melt the butter and add the celeriac. Meanwhile, peel potato and celeriac Stir in dill, salt and pepper. Spoon a generous dollop of Stilton-and-dill cream into each soup bowl.
Add in Stilton(grated) and stock cube, then liquidize. Stilton is a very strong aged cheese. Melt the butter or margarine and add the celeriac. You can have Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese
- You need 1 large of head of celeriac (root vegetable).
- You need 1 large of leek.
- You need 4 of spring onions.
- You need 80 grams of Stilton or other blue cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fenugreek (powder) optional.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of good sprinkle of dried tarragon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 of lemon (juice only) plus 1 tablespoon extra.
- You need 1 tbsp of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 3 of or so drops of Maggi liquid seasoning ( I use the hot spicy one) or use 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
Add the leek and garlic and cook for a further three to four minutes and then add the chopped celery and stock. Garnish with croutons and ½ tsp finely chopped celery leaf. If preferred the cheese can be omitted from the soup and garnished instead with the cheesy croutons for a less intense flavour. James Martin's celeriac soup is a great winter dish.
Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese instructions
- Peel the celeriac and chop into small shanks. Set a few very small pieces aside for garnish..
- Put the bigger pieces in a pot with the finely chopped leeks and spring onions. Cover just with water. Add a colander or sieve over this but not letting it touch the water..
- Now drop the smaller celeriac pieces into 1/4 of the lemon juice and rub it into the celeriac. Remove and put into the sieve over the other vegetables in the water bring to boil thus cooking the leeks , bigger chunky celeriac and spring onions and steaming the smaller celeriac pieces at the same time..
- When the smaller pieces are almost cooked remove and set aside in another 1/4 of lemon juice..
- Add all other ingredients except the 1 extra tablespoon of lemon juice and the cheese to vegetables in the pot..
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Puree the soup, add more water to reach consistency you prefer ,add the cheese and ensure it I melted.
- Gently fry the smaller pieces of celeriac until they just caramelise do not fry brown or they go bitter.
- Finally season to taste with rest of lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt if needed and arrange the smaller pieces of celeriac sprinkled with some of the green from the spring onions..
Leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version. Serve with crispy pancetta and/or croûtons for crunch. Single or soya cream, to serve. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion until transluscent. Add the celeriac and cook, covered, for Liquidise the soup in a blender and return to a clean pan.