Mandys spicy butternut squash soup. Discover the Delicious Taste of Well Yes!® Butternut Squash Apple Bisque. Great recipe for Mandys spicy butternut squash soup. I love the earthy yet creamy texture of the butternut squash and leaving the skin on gives more flavour and nutrition.
Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Allow the soup to cool and then blend with a hand whisk, until free of lumps. If the soup is too thick add a little more stock until you have the desired consistancy. You can have Mandys spicy butternut squash soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mandys spicy butternut squash soup
- It’s of The butternut squash".
- You need 1 large of butternut squash washed and trimmed seeds removed (do not peel off the skin).
- You need 1 medium of hot red chilli pepper diced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Soup base:.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter to saute vegetables.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 large of carrot peeled and sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms sliced.
- You need 2 of long red peppers sliced.
- Prepare 2 of dried bay leaves.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- You need 1 tbsp of oregano (dried).
- You need 2 tbsp of sweet paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of enough water to cover all veg(about 8 cups).
Reheat when ready to serve and eat with a big hunk of crusty bread, delicious! Sensory Crafts and Activities for Kids Help kids explore their senses—sight, smell, sound, taste, and touch—with hands-on ideas that are delightfully squishy, slimy, and stretchy for play time. How to make Spicy Thai Butternut Squash Soup. Heat some oil in a large pot and sweat some onions and garlic.
Mandys spicy butternut squash soup instructions
- Pre heat oven to 180℃/350℉..
- Wash the squash, chop off the top and bottom of squash and remove the seeds (don't throw away seeds wash them and roast them until golden about 8-10 minutes).
- Place squash in roasting pan and top with garlic, chilli, 2 tsp of cumin, butter salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes until squash is softened..
- In a large pot melt butter add all remaining veg, mushroom, onions, peppers, carrots, add all the seasonings – bay leaves, paprika, oregano, cumin, veg stock cube saute for 10 minutes until veg are tender. Add enough water to cover including the adding of the butternut squash..
- Simmer all cooked vegetables for 30 minutes and blend until smooth and creamy. Check for seasoning and serve, enjoy.
Add the butternut squash (I recommend roasting it first) and the seasoning and mix it all together. Quick and easy delicious butternut squash soup. Made in under an hour, our Spicy Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will love!. This roasted butternut squash soup is made with creamy coconut milk and jalapeños for a fiery kick! It is dairy-free, vegetarian, and absolutely delicious.