Recipe: Appetizing Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup
Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup. Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup Sigrun German, living in England. Add the tomato juice, water, basil, oregano, sugar and celery salt. In a pan brown the chopped onion and add tomato puree, mix and cook for a few minutes then add tomatoes, heat through.
Tomatoes, sweet onion, butter and broth blend together in this flavorful homemade tomato soup recipe perfect for weeknight dinner. French Onion Tomato Soup is a delicious soup recipe sponsored by Hunt's Tomatoes. Mix onion mixture, water, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato sauce, and tomato paste together in a large pot; bring to just a boil. You can cook Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup
- Prepare 3 small of to medium white onions.
- Prepare 3 small of to medium red onions.
- Prepare 3 large of shallots.
- Prepare 6 small of salad potatoes in their skins.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of all purpose seasoning or to liking.
- You need 2 tsp of German mild mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 pinch of herbs each like parsley, coriander, dill, chervil or others to personal preference ( optional).
- You need 1 liter of vegetable stock or a little less or more depending on preference.
- You need 125 ml of passata (Italian style tomato juice).
- It’s 2 tbsp of of best tomato puree.
- It’s 250 grams of marinated tofu or 2 German style sausages (bratwurst)very thinly sliced, or little, mini sausage meatballs.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Chili flakes.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt (optional).
- It’s 1 pinch of chives for garnish.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of fresh cream or double cream for garnish ( optional).
Moroccan or Italian mixed bean soup. I make a couple of soups at the beginning of each week and then keep them in the fridge. They make a cheap, healthy and nutritious lunch. Plus nice and warming in cold weather.
Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup instructions
- First peel all the onions and wash the potatoes.
- Mince the onions in a blender or hand chop them very finely, chop your unpeeled potatoes into very small cubes.
- Sauté the onions and the potatoes for about ten minutes or so in the butter and olive oil , add all the seasonings and half of the stock, simmer for about 15 minutes , make sure that it not burns .add a little more stock if needed..
- Next puree the soup until it is smoother , add as little or as much of the rest of the stock until preferred thickness is achieved. Puree again until it is smooth as you like it.
- Add the passata, tomato puree and chilli flakes , season with salt if needed..
- Sauté the tofu or fry the sausages or little mini sausage meatballs in a little oil. If using the sausages slice them very thinly , sprinkle any of them over the soup just before serving. Add some chives for garnish ..
In a bowl, combine onion soup mix, peppercorns, tomato soup, and beef stock. Transfer beef to a deep platter and slice thinly. My whole family thought this was delicious. Spoon the remaining soup over the meat loaf. Arrange the potatoes around the meat loaf.