Recipe: Delicious Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup
Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Add all ingredients except the sliced tomatoes , cinnamon and sugar into a saucepan, slightly heat the contents in the pan, then puree into a very smooth soup, thickness to your liking. Heat the oil in small saucepan over a medium heat.
Serve soup in bowls with the tomato slices sprinkle with cinnamon , add a few sprigs of fresh coriander. Sig's Hot Beef and Bean Salad. by Sigrun; Sig's Asparagus, Cheese and Black Forest Ham Parcels. Stir in remaining ingredients except tomatoes. You can cook Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup
- It’s 5 of fresh spring onion, white and green finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of to 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of wild garlic salt (optional).
- You need 1 pinch of chili powder.
- You need 2 of cm piece peeled and chopped fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 of good pinches of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 of good pinches of fenugreek.
- It’s 1 pinch of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 pinch of ground cumin.
- You need 2 of good pinches of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 250 grams of best plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 250 grams of drained weight, canned lentils.
- Prepare 1 tsp of knorr aromat or other stock seasoning.
- You need of water.
- It’s 3 slice of fairly thick cut of tomatoes for each person.
- Prepare 2 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 pinch of of sparkling powder fine sugar for caramelising tomatoes.
- Prepare 8 of sprigs of fresh coriander.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Lightly brown the onions in the oil. Add the tomatoes, chili pepper, lentils, cumin and basil to the pan along with the water. Red Lentil and Tomato soup is an easy, quick, and inexpensive soup to make.
Sig's Tomato and Lentil Soup instructions
- For this recipe you can either use dried and soaked lentils or canned lentils. I use puy lentils or green lentils , but you can use red if you prefer . You can also use canned plum tomatoes or fresh cherry tomatoes. If using fresh tomatoes do not remove the seeds as you will lose some of the health benefits , they will be pureed anyway..
- If you are using canned lentils rinse them well under cold water and drain.
- Add all ingredients except the sliced tomatoes , cinnamon and sugar into a saucepan, slightly heat the contents in the pan, then puree into a very smooth soup, thickness to your liking.. Heat until cooked through and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir frequent to prevent setting onto the bottom of the pan..
- Sprinkle the tomato slices from both sides with the sugar and dry fry in a hot pan until they slightly char and caramelise.
- Serve soup in bowls with the tomato slices sprinkle with cinnamon , add a few sprigs of fresh coriander.
It is also healthy and packed with protein. Stir in cumin and coriander and add lentils and tomato paste. Mix in stock, water, tomatoes, bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. The tomatoes are roasted with carrots for over an hour and lend a depth of flavour – a subtle sweetness – to the soup; the lentils give texture and add important protein, fibre and essential nutrients, to help keep us full and support our digestion; and the chilli adds the perfect balance of spice. Add in the garlic, ginger, cumin and cayenne pepper.