Recipe: Appetizing RAW TOMATO SOUP with BASIL OIL
RAW TOMATO SOUP with BASIL OIL. When you've had your fill of juicy Caprese salads, and your garden's tomato harvest is lining your countertop like storm clouds on the horizon, this is the recipe to make. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes!
Using the Food Processing Attachment, chop the tomatoes and add to the pan with the stock and purée. Bring to the boil, cover and. The basil oil is also great for drizzling over salads, pastas or pizzas so if you want to keep it for a couple of weeks, just strain it through a sieve and store it in a sterile jar. You can cook RAW TOMATO SOUP with BASIL OIL using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of RAW TOMATO SOUP with BASIL OIL
- It’s of soup.
- Prepare 6 of tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4 of drops of tobasco sause or worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 of small red onion, chopped.
- You need 1 dash of of vegetable stock.
- It’s of salt & white pepper.
- You need of oil.
- It’s 1/2 of bunch basil.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of of lemon juice.
- You need of salt n pepper.
Substitute vegetable broth for a vegetarian-friendly recipe. • Black Pepper – for flavor. • Heavy Cream – adds a rich and creamy flavor to otherwise boring tomato soup. Remove basil stem and puree the soup using an immersion blender or transfer to food processor or high-power blender and puree, then return to pot. Simmer gently over lowest heat until ready to serve. Fresh Tomatoes: We're celebrating the deliciousness of sweet, ripe tomatoes by using only fresh tomatoes in this soup!
RAW TOMATO SOUP with BASIL OIL step by step
- Put all the soup ingredients in a food processor and blitz untill smooth. Taste. Season. Add more stock if needed..
- Pour through a strainer a few times to make it completely smooth. Then pour into serving bowls. Save the food in the strainer to use in something else so theres no waist..
- Wash food processor. Place basil and oil. Blitz until smooth. Let it sit for 10 minutes to infuse. Taste. Pour through a strainer into a sauce bottle..
- Drizzle over with the basil oil. Serve with some bread and a dollop of sour cream or natural yoghurt in the middle if you like.
- Note: you can heat it up in a saucepan over very low heat until only just warm if you like but keep in mind it is a RAW dish. Enjoy…
Remove and discard the bouquet garni. Transfer the soup, in batches if necessary, to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the soup into a clean saucepan and place over low heat. For the basil oil, heat a small pot of water over high heat. In this super simple Tomato Basil Soup; onion, garlic and fire-roasted tomatoes are blended with fresh basil, thyme and broth for a deliciously classic and cozy soup.