Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup
Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup. Add soy sauce, balsamic, a mix of dried and fresh mushrooms, and spinach for a modern take on this classic recipe. Mushroom Barley Soup – robust and flavorful deli-style soup. Kosher, Jewish, healthy, comfort food, deli.
The original recipe was pretty simple, though it wasn't vegan. It's a simple, hearty, super creamy soup. A rich and flavourful broth is the winning ticket for this comforting, hearty and vegan-friendly mushroom barley soup. You can have Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup
- Prepare 100 gms of barley soaked for 4 hours prior to use.
- You need 250 gms of button mushroom cleaned and sliced.
- You need 1 of small potato deskined and cubed.
- You need 1 of tbn black pepper powder.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 5-6 of garlic pearls chopped finely.
- Prepare 5-6 of tbn finely chopped parsley leaves.
- Prepare 1 of large bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of tbn virgin olive oil.
The perfect soup to brighten up any chilly winter day – plus the color is super vibrant and happy! This healthy mushroom soup will be your go-to recipe during cold and flu season! It's loaded with immune system boosting ingredients! This creamless mushroom soup is so nutritious and it's packed with immune system boosting ingredients like mushrooms, bok choy, miso, garlic, ginger.
Barley Mushroom Vegan winter soup instructions
- Heatbthe oil in a wok and add onions and garlic chopped and sauté over medium heat.
- Strain the barley by draining away the water used to soak them.
- Once you get the aroma of the garlic, throw in the Bay leaf.
- Add the potatoes next and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the barley and mix.
- Add the mushrooms now and give it a good mix.
- Add ground black pepper powder and mix adding a litre of water.
- Cover and let the soup simmer over Low heat until the potatoes and barley are cooked.
- Once done season with 1 tbn salt to taste and chopped parsley leaves.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!.
- Tip:Salt is added at the end to allow the potatoes to cook faster..
- Tip:Depending on the quality of the barley used and the time used to soak them, you may need more water to cook them. Check them by pressing with a fork before dishing out.
- Tip: Bay leaf is used both for a distinct taste and for its medicinal properties. If you are unable to find it, skip using it in the recipe.
This vegan mushroom barley soup is easy to make, deliciously simple and flavourful. To make this vegan mushroom barley soup all you need to do is fry off an onion and some garlic, add a chopped potato, carrot and the barley, cover with vegetable stock and water and let it simmer until the veggies. Vegan Mushroom Soup – From casual to elegant, this creamy mushroom soup is dairy-free, easy to make, tastes amazing and is a mushroom lover's Brimming with mushrooms and full of fantastic flavor, this vegan cream of mushroom soup recipe has quickly become a new favorite! This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.