Recipe: Delicious Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
Vegan Sweet Potato Soup. This creamy vegan sweet potato soup is so rich and delicious and makes wonderful comfort food. This vegan sweet potato soup is thick, creamy, hearty and makes the ultimate comfort food! It's definitely filling enough to be all you need for a good dinner and making it is so super easy that really, why wouldn't.
Add the sweet potatoes, coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Purée the soup, either in batches in a blender or food processor or using a hand-held blender. Return the soup to the heat and bring back up to a simmer. You can cook Vegan Sweet Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 26 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
- It’s 5 of onions.
- It’s 5-6 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 cup of roughly chopped sweet potatoes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare as needed of Nuts to the preference:.
- It’s 6 of almonds.
- It’s 6 of cashews.
- It’s 10 of walnuts.
- It’s 5 of peanuts.
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Combine kale, walnuts, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. This Vegan Creamy Sweet Potato Soup is rich and unique in flavor by using both sweet and gold potatoes. Sometimes, the most delicious recipes can be the simplest.
Vegan Sweet Potato Soup instructions
- For the vegan sweet potato soup:.
- Take fresh sweet potatoes wash them thoroughly and peel them..
- Roughly chop the sweet potatoes..
- Now in a large sauce pan on medium low heat boil the sweet potatoes..
- Simmer them after 5 minutes..
- Once it’s cooked perfectly remove from the heat and set aside to ret in room temperature..
- Now in large saucepan on medium high heat add vegetable oil and then add garlic and sauté it until light golden brown..
- Garlic should be fried on a medium low heat..
- So all the flavours of garlic includes in to the butter/oil..
- Then add finely diced onions and sauté them..
- Once they are done, pour in the boiled sweet potatoes and combine well..
- Add vegetable stock, mint leaves and parsley and simmer them to about 10 minutes with care on it..
- Vegetable stock gives nice rich flavour to the soup rather than water, as it contains various vitamins and essence and healthy too..
- Once they are reduced and thick remove from the heat and set aside to cool on a room temperature..
- Blend the mixture to creamy texture..
- Take the mixture and filter it on to a separate bowl..
- For the toast:.
- Slice bread in desired shape..
- Heat oil on a pan and toast the bread slices until light golden brown..
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the plating:.
- Pour the soup on to garnish bowl.
- Place roasted almonds, cashews, and peanuts..
- Place mint leaves on top and garnish fresh cilantros.
- Place the toasted bread for the dip..
- Enjoy the vegan sweet potato soup with butter bread dip..
This vegan sweet potato soup recipe is nourishing, delicious, and can easily fit into your everyday life. It works for a weeknight meal or an evening entertaining friends, and is served with harissa, a North African red pepper paste (see below). To get maximum flavor out of this soup, onion and garlic are sauteed together, then cooked with. Vegan Sweet Potato Soup This recipe comes from a new book, Plant-Based Meal Prep , written by my friend Jackie Sobon, from Vegan Yack Attack. Jackie always has the most flavorful recipes (I have actually tried her recipes in person!), so I was excited to review this book.