Recipe: Perfect Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup. The Best Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup – This easy, creamy tomato soup is the perfect summer recipe! Simple roasted tomatoes with onion, garlic, and vegetable stock make a quick homemade soup that's perfect for summer. Made from scratch with no cream and no dairy.
Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! Soup Basil Tomatoes Dairy Free Vegan Vegetarian Lunch Make Ahead Summer Winter Comfort Food Main Dish. You can cook Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
- It’s 8 of tomatoes , Roma – halved.
- It’s Cloves – 3 cloves of Garlic peeled.
- You need 5 sprigs of Thyme -.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves -.
- You need 3 cups of Vegetable Stock -.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion , – roughly chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut milk -.
- Prepare 2 tsps of Tomato paste -.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Lemon zest -.
- Prepare of basil Dried.
- It’s to taste of Salt Pepper &.
- You need Pinch of paprika.
- It’s 3 tbsps + 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil.
Here it is—the recipe that transformed my son into a tomato lover! Tomato soup is all warmth and comfort on a cold winter day, and this one is as vibrant, creamy, and flavorful as it gets. This easy, vegan tomato soup includes roasted garlic and fresh herbs for sumptous, rich flavor with no added fat. This season we're turnin' up the heat!
Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400F/ 200C.
- Spread the tomatoes, garlic cloves, thyme, bay leaves in a single layer. Drizle with 3 tbsps of olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Roast until the garlic is well roasted and the tomatoes have carmelized. Should take about 30-40mins. Remove the thyme and bay leaves and set the tomatoes and garlic aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps of olive oil and to it add the onions and saute until translucent. Add the roasted tomatoes and garlic and saute for one minute.
- Next add the stock and bring it to a low boil and finally to a simmer.
- You've got two options to puree; an immersion blender, or carefully transfer the soup in small batches to a blender and puree. Once its all pureed the soup should be creamy and smooth.
- Return soup to a simmer, add the coconut milk, lemon zest, dried basil and the paprika. Add some salt and pepper if needed.The soup should have reached the desire thickened soup consistency, if it hasn't allow it to cook on a low boil for 15mins or so and that should do the trick.
- Ladble it into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil if you would like and some fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
Literally, as in we're cooking stuff. So in this episode, we're making a delicious oven roasted tomato soup. Hands down, this delicious vegan tomato soup made with fire roasted tomatoes and topped with roasted chickpeas is the best tomato soup you'll ever In addition to the fire roasted tomatoes, I also added some fire roasted red peppers to the vegan tomato soup. This really amped up the flavor. Nothing goes with a grilled cheese like a good roasted tomato soup.