Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Red lentil soup – vegan
Red lentil soup – vegan. It's full of flavor from ginger, garlic, and spices, with a luxuriously rich texture. It's perfect with a squeeze of lemon to brighten things up! All Reviews for Vegan Red Lentil Soup.
Red lentils are wonderful in many dishes, but not this soup. They are very soft and mushy once cooked. I love using red lentils in marinara. You can have Red lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red lentil soup – vegan
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s of Generous pinch cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushes.
- It’s 2 of carrots, chopped quite small.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, chopped quite small.
- You need 1 of potato, peeled and chopped quite small.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red lentils.
- You need 750 ml of – 1 l vegan/ veggie stock: i start with 750ml and add more if needed.
- Prepare of juice of half a lemon.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Some chilli flakes and parsley leaves to garnish if you like.
This is the best Red Lentil Soup! It's slightly spicy, creamy, and quick to prepare. With a ton of broccoli I had on hand that needed to be used up, I thought this would be a perfect time to add this vegan creamy broccoli & red lentil soup to the recipe collection. This one-pot red lentil soup gets rich and creamy flavors from coconut milk and it is packed with spices.
Red lentil soup – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10 mins til the onion is soft..
- Add the cumin, turmeric, cayenne and garlic. Sauté for a few mins..
- Add the carrots and celery. Stir for a minute or two. Add the potato. Sauté for a few mins..
- Add the lentils and the stock. Simmer for 25 mins or so until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste..
- Sprinkle some cumin or chilli flakes on top. And a few parsley or celery leaves. Enjoy 😋.
You'll definitely want to eat the leftovers of this red lentil soup because they taste even better. Everyone needs a good lentil soup in their back pocket for days when you don't really feel like cooking but want something nourishing on the table fast. This is the perfect Vegan Red Lentil Spinach Soup for when you are feeling lazy or pressed for time, but still want something healthy, hearty and filling! This soup is SO easy and fast to make and very delicious, using plant-based ingredients. This Easy Lentil Vegetable Soup is warming, comforting and so filling.