Recipe: Tasty Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan
Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. This vegan chickpea vegetable chowder is satisfying and delicious. It's made with chickpeas, potatoes and carrot for a bit of a twist on classic vegetable chowder.
Water saute some onion and garlic, mix in the rest of the ingredients and pressure cook or cook in a saucepan. The Best Vegan Chickpea Soup Recipes on Yummly Vegan Curried Sunchoke And Chickpea Soup With Crispy Chickpeas, Leblebi (north African Chickpea Soup), Moroccan Harira Chickpea Lentil Soup. You can cook Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lebanese 7 spice or baharat or ras el hanout.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of anything from a pinch to 1/2 tsp chilli flakes depending on taste.
- Prepare 1 litre of vegan/ veggie stock.
- It’s 1 can of /400g chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of can/ 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need of Parsley or coriander to garnish.
Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, broth and water. Add salt to taste and mix. Add in the spinach or other greens. Nope, I didn't expect to like this vegan chickpea soup so much but I devoured it!
Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Sauté for about 10 mins til they start to soften..
- Add the spices, stir through and cook for a minute or two..
- Add the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil..
- Add the chickpeas and lentils. Season. Bring down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes..
- Squeeze in the lemon. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle the parsley or coriander. Enjoy!.
This protein-packed Moroccan Chickpea Soup is healthy, hearty, and very filling! This Italian vegan garbanzo bean soup is perfect for chilly fall days. It's super easy to make and packed with flavor and nutrients.. Stir in a can of diced tomatoes, the chickpeas, and three cups of vegetable broth. Easy Chickpea and Lentil Soup recipe.