Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion
Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion. Bring it to boil and cook carrot until soft with medium heat. This creamy miso carrot soup is a perfect healthy vegan soup that I know you're going to love! You'll find a lot of carrots involved in this recipe, but carrots are typically cheap and easily accessible.
Sauté onion, garlic, and carrot until onion is translucent. Add ginger and kombu dashi stock. Mix well and bring to a boil. You can have Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion
- Prepare 4 g of Kombu soup stock powder.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 3 of medium size potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Red miso.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
Potato and Spring Onion Soup Recipe is a delicious blend of green onions that have the taste of spring and when had as a soup it makes you feel refreshed. And it's good to know that the spring onions also have lots of immune-enhancing compounds to boost our good health. Earlier I was using canola oil and the taste was good. But after some time I saw spring onion soup recipe in a 'Vegetarian soup cookbook' which was made using Olive oil and garlic is sauted in till light brown.
Vegan Miso soup with carrot, potato and spring onion step by step
- Peel carrot and potatoes. Cut carrot about 1/4inch thickness. Cut potatoes into the same width and size of carrot pieces..
- Slice white part of spring onion into 3/4 inch size.(Diagonal cut) Slice green part of spring onion into 1/4inch size..
- In a small cooking pot, pour 4 cups of water and throw in carrot. Bring it to boil and cook carrot until soft with medium heat..
- When carrot is soft enough, add kombu stock powder(kombu-dashi) and potatoes..
- When potatoes became desired softness throw in white part of spring onions and quickly turn off heat right after..
- In a small bowl, take out 1 ladle full of soup from the pot and mix in miso in the bowl until it becomes luquidy paste. Then put back the paste into the pot. Stir gently. Taste and adjust the flavor. (When too salty add a little more boiling water.).
- Serve in a small soup bowl and sprinkle green part of onions..
- Note: Miso paste should not be boiled. When boiled, miso’s aroma and flavor will be reduced and the heat destroys health beneficial enzymes in miso..
- When re-heating the soup, use small heat. Instead of Komb soup stock powder(Kombu-dashi), you could use bonito fish stock powder(Katsuo-dashi)if you are not a vegan. Both stock powder can be found in Japanese/Korean/Chinese grocery..
- Serving example of "vegetarian" menu..
I tried this way and it was much much better than earlier version. Easy vegetarian spring recipes your whole family will love, from the award-winning Love and Lemons blog!. Vegan Carrot Soup with Caramelized Onions. This creamy carrot soup is vegan, gluten free, and paleo friendly. A classic recipe from Thai cuisine, the Potato and Spring Onion Soup has a very unique mouth-feel and appetizing flavour.