Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan. I love a good miso soup, which is why I have a few in the recipe collection like this Roasted Garlic Miso Soup, Soba Miso Soup, Carrot Miso Soup and Red Hot Miso Soup. All are easy to make and absolutely delicious! This nourishing vegan Miso Noodle Soup with Tofu is another great addition and perfect when you're feeling under the weather.
When I was eight years old my family moved to southern California, where I spent the next six years of my life, before returning to the east coast. Delicious, easy, and great for a weeknight meal! This Grilled Tofu Miso Noodle Soup was born out of necessity; the necessity to clean out my fridge and replenish it with fresh food! You can cook Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 2 cm of chunk fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small red chilli, finely chopped.
- It’s 500-750 ml of veggie/ vegan stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white miso paste.
- Prepare of couple of handfuls of greens eg chinese cabbage, pak choi, choi sum, tatsoi, mizuna.
- It’s 100 g of tofu, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- You need of Noodles of choice eg udon, soba – prepared according to packet instructions.
Simple vegan miso noodle soup with garlic, ginger, mushrooms, spinach and buckwheat soba. The most delicious, quick and easy bowl of noodle soup I've ever made you guys! I started by making a warming mushroom broth with dried porcini in which I whisked my favorite white miso paste ( fermented chickpea paste but you can use soybean paste. I don't know about you, but I am a die hard miso soup lover.
Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat..
- Add the garlic and spring onion and sauté for 3-5 mins. Add the chilli. And sauté for another 2 mins or so..
- Add the stock and simmer for 5 mins..
- Add the miso paste and whisk a bit so it’s completely mixed in..
- Add the greens. Cover and simmer for about 5 mins or until the greens start to wilt. This depends on the greens you use. I used chinese cabbage and mizuna today so i added the cabbage at this stage and then the mizuna at the same time as the tofu..
- Remove from the heat. Add the tofu and any more ‘delicate’ greens. Cover and let sit for 2-3 mins..
- Put the noodles in the bowls. Ladle the tofu/ miso on top. Sprinkle more chilli/ spring onion on top if you like. Enjoy 😋.
Normally, I just eat miso soup as a precursor to the main meal. So I created this vegan creamy miso noodle soup with sesame tofu to turn it into a main course. Miso soup has finally been given the attention it deserves. This Vegan Miso Noodle Soup really is a one pot wonder! It's bursting with flavour from the fresh ginger and miso, and chock full of fresh veggies.