Recipe: Perfect Potato and leek soup – vegan
Potato and leek soup – vegan. This Vegan Potato Leek Soup fits the bill when it comes to comfort and I make it all year winter long! I'm a big soup lover and It's definitely my go-to meal in the winter. It's easy to make, inexpensive, hearty, filling and delicious!
This hearty and comforting meal is filling, satisfying and will have you coming back for more! This vegan potato leek soup is everything you want a soup to be! It's warming, comforting, hearty, satisfying and oh, soooo delicious! You can have Potato and leek soup – vegan using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and leek soup – vegan
- It’s 3 cups of vegan stock.
- Prepare of About 350 g potatoes – which works out to about 3 medium-sized potatoes or about 1 1/2 cups – peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks.
- Prepare 1 of leek, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh oregano, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Generous pinch of pepper.
In spite of the name, this creamy vegan potato leek soup contains not a drop of cream, cashew cream, coconut milk, soy milk, or any other dairy substitutes. The creaminess is all thanks to the potatoes, which get half-pureed with an immersion blender (or regular blender), as well as the nutritional yeast, which adds umami to the soup. Pour vegetable broth and water into the pot; add potatoes. Cover potatoes with water in a pot.
Potato and leek soup – vegan step by step
- Put the potatoes, leek and stock in a pan. Bring to a boil..
- Add the herbs and seasoning..
- Simmer for about 30 mins – til the vegetables are tender..
- If you feel like it, blend the soup to make it smooth. I usually just mash the potato a bit if the chunks are big..
- Serve, season to taste and enjoy 😋.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cut off the root end, then turn it around and leave about an inch of the dark green leaves and cut off the rest. You should be left with the white/light green part with about an inch of the dark green. To a large pot over medium heat, add canola oil, leeks, onion and garlic. How To Make Potato, Leek & White Bean Soup.