Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Squash and red lentil soup – vegan
Squash and red lentil soup – vegan. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Sweet butternut squash, earthy red lentils, and curry powder are the stars of this lively vegetarian soup that s wonderful ladled over basmati rice. A drizzle of cilantro oil heightens the wow factor.
Turmeric adds a warm, peppery flavor as well as immune-boosting properties. Healing Thai Butternut Squash Lentil Soup (with a slow cooker option!) Healing Thai Butternut Squash Lentil Soup that's vegan, protein-packed, and incredibly nourishing. You're going to love this creamy, flavorful soup — packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients! You can have Squash and red lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash and red lentil soup – vegan
- You need 250 g of (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil to roast the squash in.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil to sauté the onion with.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of to sprinkle on top.
- You need of Za’atar.
- You need of Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes.
- It’s of Some parsley leaves if you have some.
This healthy red lentil curry recipe has a rich flavor and complexity that tastes like it takes hours to prepare. Butternut squash and coconut milk combine with the lentils to make a hearty vegetarian dish. Serve with brown rice or naan bread. Heat half the oil over a medium heat in a large, heavy-based saucepan.
Squash and red lentil soup – vegan instructions
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins – til the squash is tender..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon..
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins..
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins..
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth..
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋.
Add half the garlic, if using, half the ginger and all the chilli flakes, if using. Butternut Squash, Chickpea & Lentil Moroccan Stew. A healthy Moroccan stew with cozy spices, butternut squash, chickpeas, and lentils!. Healing Thai Butternut Squash Lentil Soup (with a slow cooker option!). apples, pumpkin, cinnamon, crisp leaves, sweaters, and so much more-I love them all! This Creamy Red Lentil Butternut Squash Soup is a healthy and delicious vegetarian meal that's packed with protein and nutrients!