How to Cook Perfect Sweet potato, spinach and coriander soup – vegan
Sweet potato, spinach and coriander soup – vegan. Pour in broth and lentils and stir to combine. Stir in cauliflower and sweet potato. A simple root vegetable and spinach soup with sweetness from carrot and sweet potato and a warmth from spices.
The Best Potato Spinach Vegan Recipes on Yummly In a large pot heat vegetable oil and add onion over a medium heat. Recipe based on Heidi Swanson's farro soup in Super Natural Every Day. You can have Sweet potato, spinach and coriander soup – vegan using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato, spinach and coriander soup – vegan
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato, chopped into chunks – don’t need to peel it.
- You need 500 ml of vegan stock.
- Prepare 2-4 handfuls of baby spinach.
- Prepare of Handful- 50g or so – fresh coriander.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need of Generous pinch cayenne pepper.
- You need of Seasalt and black pepper.
Serving suggestions: This soup is vegan, but mighty tasty with a side of whole wheat toast slathered with goat cheese. *Thai red curry paste: Look for it in the Asian/international section of the grocery store. You might even be like Trevor and love the color 😉 This creamy vegan spinach potato soup is super simple. Saute onions and garlic in a large sauce pot and then add in vegetable stock and potatoes. Meanwhile, tip the remaining ginger, the chilli, sugar, three-quarters of the lime juice and most of the coriander (reserving a few leaves for a garnish) into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Sweet potato, spinach and coriander soup – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and sauté on a medium heat for about 10min til the onion is soft and translucent..
- Add the garlic and sauté for a minute or two..
- Add the sweet potato and stock. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 mins or so..
- Put the sweet potato mix in a blender. Add the spinach, coriander, lemon juice and cayenne. Blitz until smooth. If using a hand blender, take the pan off the heat, add everything and then blend..
- Taste – season as needed and maybe add another pinch of cayenne. Enjoy 😋.
Decided to make it only to discover I was down to one potato, and it was a sweet potato, not the gold or red the recipe calls for. I ultimately went for it with bit of improvisation – one cubed sweet potato and some cubed turnip as well. This simple vegetarian sweet potato stew will surprise your taste buds in the best way possible! With carrots, tomatoes, spinach & Mediterranean spices.. Carrots become tender and the mild baby spinach wilts and almost melts into the soup..