Recipe: Appetizing Veggie noodle soup – vegan
Veggie noodle soup – vegan. Try Lightly Salted Well Yes!® Soups and Feel Good with Every Bite. Vegan Vegetable Noodle Soup Variations: You can replace the noodles in the recipe with some of your favorite whole grains, peas or potatoes. Cooked brown or wild rice, farro, barley, chickpeas or golden potatoes would make for a really hearty soup.
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add all the vegetables, garlic and onion. It calls for a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, but you can also use fresh produce if you'd like. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. You can cook Veggie noodle soup – vegan using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Veggie noodle soup – vegan
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of leek, finely chopped – add an extra spring onion if you don’t have a leek.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions, finely chopped – save 2 for later.
- You need 5 cm of chunk of ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 handful of shitake mushrooms, torn into small pieces.
- It’s 2 handfuls of broccoli, chopped into small florets.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- You need 1-2 handfuls of sweetcorn – fresh/ frozen/ tinned (if tinned, no salt or sugar added).
- Prepare 500 ml of vegan/ veggie stock (more of you want a soupier soup).
- It’s of Some firm tofu – optional.
- You need Handful of sugar snap peas.
- Prepare Handful of tatsoi or pak choi or other leafy green.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of tamari.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, finely chopped.
- You need A few of sprigs of fresh coriander – optional.
- It’s of Buckwheat noodles/ noodles of your choice – enough for two.
This Asian Vegetable Noodle Soup is full of healthy veggies, protein packed tofu and gluten free noodles. The perfect vegan meal for the cold season. Its cold season, which means stuffy noses and lots of soup. And when I'm sick I love having asian soup.
Veggie noodle soup – vegan instructions
- For the noodles: cook according to packet instructions but for 1-2 minutes less time than recommended..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later). Add the leek and two of the spring onions. Sauté until the leek starts to soften..
- Add the ginger and garlic. Sauté for another 2-3 mins..
- Add the mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 mins..
- Add the star anise, broccoli and sweetcorn..
- Add the stock. Put the lid on and simmer until the broccoli is just tender..
- Add the cooked noodles to the pot. And sugar snaps and tatsoi/ pak choi/ leafy greens. And tofu if using. Stir through so the greens just start to wilt..
- Turn off the heat. Add the tamari and lemon. Season..
- Serve with the coriander/ chilli/ extra spring onions on top. Enjoy 😋.
Something about garlic, ginger and spicy broth that is soothing and helps clear the sinuses. Rice noodles are a staple in Asian cooking. In China, wide rice noodles are cooked, then fried in a hot wok to make tasty chow fun; in Thailand, thin rice vermicelli makes an appearance alongside fried tofu and fresh mint inside cool rice-wrapper rolls; and in Vietnam, bo bun is a snack-time staple: Chilled rice noodles served in a bowl with grated carrot, cucumber, basil, crushed peanuts, and. Place vegetable stock, onion, soy sauce, garlic, cinnamon sticks, ground ginger, star anise, and bay leaves in a large pot; bring to a boil. Why You'll Love Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup.