Recipe: Appetizing Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4
Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4. Plus, fresh nettles have a ton of detoxifying attributes so you can feel great about the flavor and the health benefits of this soup! You won't believe how easy and delicious this cornbread is! It's egg free and can be made using Gluten Free flour , so it can be both VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE!
So I cook this vegetable broth, and sometimes I add some organic chicken breast in it too. If you would like to add some. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. You can have Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4
- Prepare 20-30 of nettle shoots.
- You need 1 knob of butter or 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of medium finely chopped onion.
- You need 5 of small potatoes (any).
- It’s 1 tbsp of plain flour or GF flour.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- You need of Small bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- It’s of Single or double cream OR Elmlea Plant based cream (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped chives (optional).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Bread or croutons to serve.
You can toss nettles in to lots of different dishes, although if you want a super infusion of this nutritious gem then you might enjoy my thick, green, 'Very Nettle' soup. Add oil or butter and flour. Blend the potato mixture using an immersion blender to make a thick soup consistency. Add a pinch of dill weed, and stir in cream or soy milk.
Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 step by step
- Sauté the chopped onions on the butter or oil, stirring often – until it’s golden.
- Reduce fire, add the flour, stir for a minute or two, than add a mug of water and stir until it becomes creamy.
- Add stock cube, salt and pepper, stir and turn off the fire..
- Cut off the nettle leaves from the stem. You can use a fork or any other utensil to avoid holding it with your hand..
- Add the chopped potatoes and the nettle to the pot and add enough water to cover it. About 4-5 mugs of water should be sufficient. Turn the heat back on, cover the pot with a lid, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked..
- Using a hand held blender or any other kind (be careful and make sure it’s suitable to blend hot beverages!!) cream the soup. Than add the finely chopped parsley and blend again if you wish..
- Add some cream if you prefer(4 -5 tbs should be enough) and adjust salt to your liking. To serve, use the chopped chives and another splash of cream to garnish. Enjoy with toast or croutons. Enjoy!.
Fortunately I have found nettle at my local Farmer's market, so I haven't actually picked it myself. If you live in the countryside it'll be very easy for you to pick your own nettle and spring is the best time to do so. Nettles are delicious – a bit like spinach – and are full of nutrients such as iron, vitamin. Nettle & Ground Elder Soup – Seasonal Gluten-free Vegetarian recipe. This is a tasty variety to the original nettle soup.