Easiest Way to Make Delicious Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup)
Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup). Check Out Pho Vietnamese Noodles On eBay. To make Pho: Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
Warm a medium soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Place vegetable stock, onion, soy sauce, garlic, cinnamon sticks, ground ginger, star anise, and bay leaves in a large pot; bring to a boil. Armed with a tourist phrasebook, a healthy appreciation of local markets, and a willingness to be considered highly eccentric by the Viet-namese, I enjoyed such delicacies as a vegetarian version of pho, the fabled Vietnamese noodle and meat soup. You can have Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup)
- You need 3-4 of cinnamon sticks, broken up.
- It’s 1 of star anise.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 inch of piece ginger, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large carrot, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of sliced shitake mushrooms (or button mushrooms).
- You need 2-3 of green chilies/jalapenos slit (according to your taste).
- It’s 8 cups of water (or half vegetable broth and half water).
- It’s 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice noodles (or any other noodles your prefer).
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For garnishing or topping:.
- Prepare as needed of Mung bean sprouts.
- Prepare 5-6 of baby spinach leaves.
- It’s 1 of Chopped green onions or scallions.
- Prepare as needed of Chopped coriander Leaves.
- It’s as needed of Lemon or lime wedges.
- Prepare to taste of Hot chilli sauce (Sriracha or any chilli garlic sauce).
- It’s as needed of Chopped jalapenos.
This vegetarian pho is an exception, though. The broth, which picks up great flavor from the spices, a slight sweetness from the carrots, and the subtlest of charred aromas from the onion and ginger, is what truly makes this soup for me. Vegan Pho (Phở) is an easier and healthier version of the traditional Vietnamese noodle soup. This nourishing and flavorful gluten-free and fat-free soup is perfect for any season!
Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) step by step
- In a large saucepan, dry roast coriander seeds, cloves, star anise and cinnamon sticks on medium heat until lightly toasted; do not char or burn..
- In another large deep pot, heat 2 to 3 tbsp of oil and once hot, stir in chopped onions and ginger. Char on medium high heat until lightly browned..
- Add the toasted spices, carrots and fry again for a few seconds..
- Stir in sliced shiitake mushrooms (or button mushrooms if using) and saute for a few seconds on high..
- Add water (or a mix of broth and water) and bring to a boil. Add soy sauce, green chilies, salt to taste, mix and simmer covered for about 30 minutes for all the flavors to blend..
- Meanwhile, prepare all the toppings or garnishes, along with cooking the noodles according to package directions. Keep aside. After 30 minutes, strain the whole mixture using a strainer or colander and keep the broth hot and ready. Taste and add salt if needed. I have added the carrots back into the strained broth for texture and extra fiber!.
- Divide the broth into large soup bowls, add toppings of your choice; noodles, spinach, green onions, cilantro, sprouts etc. and serve with a spoon and chopsticks! A squeeze of lime or lemon juice and heavenly vegetarian pho from the land of Vietnam is ready to be enjoyed in your own home! #Soup..
- If needed, you can stir in chilli sauce according to your taste for extra heat and spice; just a little in each bowl! This is totally optional. Enjoy!!.
- Other additional toppings are tofu or paneer (Indian cottage cheese), sprigs of fresh mint, etc. Store extra broth in the refrigerator and enjoy fresh soup with toppings anytime. #Wintersoup..
It's hard to believe that it's been more than two months since I published a recipe. This incredible vegan pho recipe puts a new twist on the classic Vietnamese noodle soup. What is Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup? In Vietnam, Pho is served primarily at breakfast time! It is a savory Vietnamese noodle soup, usually beef-based.