Recipe: Delicious Vegetarian french onion soup
Vegetarian french onion soup. Now that we have finally gotten deeper into heavy winter weather ( thank you winter storm Jonas!), we wanted to warm you up with a delicious soup recipe. If you're like us, you probably love the warm, comforting taste of a hot bowl of soup when it's chilly outside. French Onion soup is the ultimate comfort food for the winter time.
The trick to French Onion soup, is the technique. It cannot be rushed, that would cause browning of the onions and not caramelisation. Slowly caramelizing the onions gives this soup its diner-divine rich flavor (don't try to hurry the onions; they're worth the time!). You can have Vegetarian french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian french onion soup
- Prepare 5-6 of White Onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Maida.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 litre of Veg stock.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves,or bundle of herb(thyme, rosemary and bay leaf).
- It’s 4 of thick slices of Garlic Bread.
- Prepare of Morzzrella Cheese as required.
- You need of Processed Cheese as required.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. French Onion Soup is traditionally made with beef broth – a fact that drove me crazy while growing up vegetarian. This recipe captures all the intense flavor of the original using vegetable broth. The technique is taken from Cook's Illustrated and is absolutely perfect.
Vegetarian french onion soup instructions
- Cut White Onion into Halves.Slice them with the help of slicer.Keep aside..
- In heavy bottom non stick pan..add Butter..melt it.. add oil..and also add sliced onions..Mix well,add Salt & Black Pepper powder..
- Saute on Medium flame for 30mins.. continuously..till Onions are finely Caramelized…to nice Brown colour.Add Maida..Saute.fir two minutes…to see no lumps formed…
- Now add Apple Cider Vinegar..again Saute for few minutes..Add Veg stock..and Bay leaves or bundle of mix herbs..
- Let the soup Simmer for 20 mins till thick..on Medium flame..
- To ASSEMBLE. VEGETARIAN FRENCH ONION SOUP.(1-Serving).
- In a Oven proof Soup Bowl..add 2 laddleful of Prepared Onion Soup..
- On it place Thick slice of Toasted & Buttered Garlic Bread.(Cut thick slices from Garlic Bread loaf. apply butter on one side..toast in Airfryer for 3-4mins at180C orToast on Griddle on both sides).
- Now grate loads of both.. Morzzrella Cheese and Processed Cheese..on it..
- Bake in Preheated Oven..till cheese melt in 180C for 10-15mins..
- Relish & serve hot vegetarian french onion soup..
This Vegetarian French Onion Soup is a celebration of the onion. Instead of beef broth, which masks the onion, the slowly caramelized onions make their own sweet, deeply flavorful broth as they cook. Do you ever have "ah ha" moments? Searching for a vegetarian version of the classic soup? All Reviews for Vegetarian French Onion Soup with Mushrooms.