Recipe: Appetizing Vegetarian red curry soup
Vegetarian red curry soup. It's Soup Week on Oh My Veggies! Now, before you get all impressed, you should know that the reason this week is Soup I've made a soup similar to this with summer veggies and green curry paste in the past, and I thought I could switch out the green curry with red. Thai red curry paste provides the spicy base for this soup.
Readily available store-bought Thai red curry paste adds characteristic Thai flavor and, bonus, the Thai Kitchen brand is vegetarian. Better than takeout, this vegan Thai red curry noodle soup with winter vegetables is layered with warm, spicy, and comforting aromatic flavors. If you fancy something a little bit different for dinner, yet quick and easy to prepare, this rice noodle soup is definitely something you should try. You can have Vegetarian red curry soup using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian red curry soup
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1-2 tbs of red curry paste.
- It’s 1 tin of coconut milk.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tin of chickpeas.
- You need 1 tin of sweetcorn.
- You need 1/2 pack of sugar snap peas.
- Prepare of Optional.
- Prepare 2 of squares of egg noodles.
Red Thai curry is one of my favourite Asian dishes – it's got a nice amount of spice but it isn't overwhelming, and isn't overly heavy unlike some Indian curries. The sauce is usually fairly thin, which is why it was so easy to serve this as a soup-style dish – although if you wanted, you could make this. This Thai red curry soup is basically just a riff of our favorite Thai green curry soup recipe, made with slightly-milder red curry paste instead of its fiery green counterpart. And over the past year, it has inched its way to the very top of our regular dinner and meal-planning rotation in our house.
Vegetarian red curry soup step by step
- Chop and fry onions and garlic. Add curry paste and fry for another minute. Add coconut milk, water, chickpeas and sweetcorn and simmer for 5 minutes..
- If you want noodles, add them to the soup now, together with the sugar anap peas, and boil until they're done. If you dont want noodles, skip them and serve the soup as it is or with some rice. Enjoy!.
The inspiration for this Coconut Red Curry Shrimp Soup recipe came from one of the best restaurants in my town. My best friends and I have been going there And now I'm sharing my Coconut Red Curry Shrimp Soup recipe with you!! Not to toot my own horn or anything here (okay, maybe just a little), but. Made with onions, garlic, scallions, curry powder, chili powder, carrots and potatoes, this vegetarian and vegan lentil dish is a full meal in itself. Cutting out or cutting back on meat may be intimidating to people with diabetes, as a plant-based diet.