Cucumber soup. Remove from heat and cool a few minutes. Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Transfer the soup to a blender.
All you have to do is peel and seed the cucumbers, and pulse them in a blender with a little chopped onion. Cold soups are perfect for hot summer days, and this cold cucumber soup recipe from Andrew Zimmern gets tang and creaminess from Greek yogurt and big, summery flavor from lots of fresh herbs. In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. You can have Cucumber soup using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber soup
- Prepare 2 large of cucumbers or Courgettes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- It’s 1 of ham or vegetable (for vegetarians) stock cube.
If it separates, simply stir it until emulsified.) Just before serving, stir in the diced cucumber and olive oil. Peel cucumbers; halve lengthwise and remove seeds. In a blender, cover and puree cucumbers and broth in small batches. The guests are hungry, and dinner's not yet on the table You could set out a tray of cheese and crackers But if surprise and delight drive your menu choices (keeping an eye, all the while, on simplicity and efficiency), there are other options, like this velvety cucumber soup.
Cucumber soup instructions
- cut up onion and cumcumber.
- add butter to soup pot on a medium heat till melted.
- once butter has melted add onion and cucumber. mix till soft.
- once veg is soft add flour and mix till thick.
- boil kettle. add stock cube to pan and pour boiling water in..
- let the mixture simmer for 10 mins.
- after this take pan off the heat and blend mixture so onions and cucumber are completely blended. using a food processor or electric hand blender might be best..
- taste soup and season as necessary..
- reheat servings in microwave and enjoy..
This Cold Cucumber Soup can be made in just minutes, so you can whip it up, pop it in the fridge, and have it ready for supper when you get home from work in the evening. Coarsely chop green onions and cucumbers, combine all the ingredients together in your blender, then chill until ready for serving. In food processor combine cucumbers, yogurt, garlic, honey and a squirt of lemon. Combine cucumber, sour cream, yogurt, vegetable broth, and garlic in a large bowl; blend together using an immersion blender until smooth. Serve this hot if the weather is less than summery or, on a hot day, it is equally good served very cold in chilled soup bowls.