Grandma Betty's Vegetable Soup.
You can have Grandma Betty's Vegetable Soup using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma Betty's Vegetable Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of beef neck bones.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 5 of peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 quart of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1 can of vegetarian vegetable soup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery salt (if not using minced celery leaves).
- It’s 5 of carrots (4, if carrots are large).
- Prepare 2 stick of celery (sliced).
- You need 1/2 lb of mushrooms (sliced thick).
- It’s 1 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 2 of potatoes (peeled and cubed).
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes (plus juice) 16 oz. size can.
Grandma Betty's Vegetable Soup step by step
- Clean and chop vegetables. Slice celery and mince leaves. Slice carrots on mandolin. The thinnest blade will take the least amount of time to cook. Peel and cube potatoes. Mince garlic..
- Assemble all but last 3 ingredients in large (8 quart) pot..
- Bay leaf, peppercorns, and possibly celery leaves may be added in a tea ball or large paper tea bag..