Recipe: Appetizing Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas
Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas. Moroccan lentil chickpea stew is texture rich with warm, earthy flavors. It's simple to pull together, and in one pot to help make cleanup a breeze. Ladle into soup bowls then garnish with coconut cream, or yogurt and cilantro.
Using canned chickpeas rather than drie. This Moroccan Lentil Soup is hearty, healthy and delicious ~ tender red lentils and chickpeas flavored with warm, fragrant Moroccan spices. This Moroccan lentil soup is hearty enough to be a main course. You can cook Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas
- It’s 2 tbsp of herb-infused olive oil.
- Prepare 7 oz of diced mirepoix.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 16 oz of green lentils, sorted & rinsed.
- It’s 28 oz of kitchen cut roma tomatos with basil (canned).
- It’s 64 oz of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- It’s 16 oz of canned garbanzo beans, drained.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt to taste.
Cara suggests garnishing the bowl with a wedge of lemon to squeeze in, and a date. This lemony, peppery soup is traditionally enjoyed at the end of a day of fasting during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Add cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper, ginger, hot pepper sauce and saffron. Apart from its incredible flavors, this Moroccan chickpea and lentil soup (Harira) is VERY healthy.
Moroccan Lentil Soup With Chickpeas instructions
- Add oil to stockpot on MEDIUM. Add mirepoix and garlic; cook, stirring, 5-6 min, until soft but not browned..
- Stir in lentils, tomatoes, stock, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Cook, covered, 20-25 min..
- Puree briefly (about 15 seconds) with handheld blender, just to thicken (don't puree all the lentils)..
- Stir in garbanzo beans and cilantro. Season to taste with salt. Simmer about 5 min on MEDIUM until heated through..
It is packed with protein that comes from the chickpeas Both chickpeas and lentils have been around for millennia. Like many of the foods we. This soup is one of the more traditional Moroccan recipes I have made…or at least I think so. Meaning I did a little research before fully developing the recipe and I also added harissa for some serious flavor, lots of green lentils, chickpeas for protein, and carrots and bell peppers for some veggies. This Moroccan chickpea and lentil soup is from the new Mediterranean Table Cookbook, authored by the editors of Prevention and my dearest friend, Jennifer McDaniel.