How to Make Perfect Acorn Squash & Basil Soup
Acorn Squash & Basil Soup. Turn acorn squash upside down onto a cookie sheet. They should also not have any soft spots, but should be quite firm. This Roasted Acorn Squash is one of my favorite side dishes to make in the fall, and it's one of the easiest acorn squash recipes you can make!
Acorn squashes aren't quite as tough and formidable as butternut squashes, but you need to use a chef's knife to cut this squash in half, or at least another heavy-duty knife that has some real heft to it. Acorn squash is a great source of vitamin C, which is one of the best ways to boost your immune system. Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, stimulates the production of white blood cells, which. You can have Acorn Squash & Basil Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash & Basil Soup
- You need 1 of acorn squash.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of butter, or vegan butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of hot water.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy cream, or coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 of chicken bouillon, or vegetable bouillon.
- You need of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of dry basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, or to taste.
Amazing Acorn Squash Botanical name: Cucurbita pepo var. turbinate. The squash (Cucurbita) genus is a diverse family of vegetables that are used for human and livestock consumption. What looks like an acorn but tastes like a squash … and helps your body fight disease? The answer is simple: the acorn squash.
Acorn Squash & Basil Soup step by step
- Peel and chop acorn Squash into small cubes. Peel and using your knife flatten garlic cloves.
- Boil squash and garlic cloves for 5-10 minutes, until fork tender..
- Using a strainer, remove squash and garlic from boiling water and pour into a high power blender..
- To the squash and garlic, add in the water, cream, butter, and below seasonings..
- Blend together until sooth in texture. Pour back into the same pot that you boiled your Squash in, and let it simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Then serve!!.
Long version of How to Cook Acorn Squash: First things first! I want you to know how to cook acorn squash two different ways – these are the basic building blocks. Roasted acorn squash is so easy to make and is a great fall side or even dessert. When it comes to winter squash we usually focus on butternut squash and pumpkin. Although considered a winter squash, the acorn squash is from the same family as summer squash, which includes zucchini.