Recipe: Perfect Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup.
You can cook Slow Cooker Tomato Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
- You need 2 (28 oz) of cans of low/no sodium crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 cups of low/no sodium chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of carrots, diced.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of no salt butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk, half and half, or coconut milk.
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup instructions
- Add all of the ingredients, except the bay leaves and milk/cream, into the slow cooker. Stir everything together..
- Next, place the bay leaves into the pot, close the lid, set the temperature to low, and cook for 6 to 8 hours. It took us about 7 hours..
- At the end, remove half of the soup to a bowl or blender. Pour half of the milk/cream, and blend it all together. Repeat for the second half and return the soup to the slow cooker. **Remove the bay leaves before blending together**.
- Enjoy! Maybe with a Ghost shaped quesadilla?.