Recipe: Perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup
Broccoli Cheese Soup. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. This cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn't need to be made in big batches to be Add broccoli. Cook and stir until heated through.
It's absolutely perfect comfort food and I couldn't stop eating it. Our Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe has taken quite a few years to get right: taste, flavour and consistency. A very good broccoli cheese soup. You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cold butter, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced leek, white part only, well rinsed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cracked pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of fresh grated nutmeg.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped.
- It’s 3 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 3 of each heads of broccoli florets, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of grated cheddar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour, use rice flour for gluten free.
Broccoli Cheese Soup is one of our favorite quick and easy meals any time of year! Perfect for lunch, or an easy weeknight dinner with salad and loaf of french bread. Ladle over steamed broccoli pieces for added texture. For the "cheese" factor here, I loosely based the ingredients on the ones I used in this Carrot Queso.
Broccoli Cheese Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, saute onions a leek in 3 tablespoons of butter with salt, pepper and nutmeg- until softened,.
- Add garlic and thyme until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle flour in and cook about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Reduced heat and let simmer for five minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and continue simmering for 20 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Add cream and simmer until warmed through.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in cold butter.
Potato is the main thickener (along with some. This easy Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is based upon Panera's, but if you ask me, it's better! If you love Panera Bread's Broccoli Cheddar Soup, you are going to be amazed with this copycat recipe! This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! This flavorful soup is made without heavy cream, milk or flour—or even vegetable broth.