Easiest Way to Make Delicious Vegetable Soup
Vegetable Soup. Try Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About Today. In a large stock pot, combine broth, tomato juice, water, potatoes, carrots, celery, undrained chopped tomatoes, green beans, and corn. Potato soup, gazpacho, butternut squash soupfind the best recipes for all your favorite vegetable soups..
In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrots, onions, celery and green pepper until crisp-tender. Heat the olive oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat. Adding the asparagus at this stage of cooking, before adding any vegetable or chicken broth, ensures it gets nice and tender while caramelizing a bit. You can cook Vegetable Soup using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 2 of carrots (diced in 1/2 inch pieces).
- It’s 2 of ribs of celery (sliced thin).
- You need 1 large of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (minced) 3-4 red skin potatoes (diced in cubes) 2-3 tomatoes (diced).
- Prepare 1 of zucchini (chopped and halved).
- It’s 1 of yellow squash (chopped and halved).
- You need 6 cup of organic vegetable stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 of fresh parsley.
- You need 1 of green onions (chopped).
Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. This easy vegetable soup recipe is one I've been making for years because it's such a fail-safe and delicious way to get all the vegetables I possibly can into my family. The great thing about homemade vegetable soup is that you can customize it to suit your taste but also to use up any and every vegetable you have in the kitchen. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, seasonal vegetables and ½ teaspoon of the salt.
Vegetable Soup step by step
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and potatoes. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until flavors have blended and potatoes are slightly softened, about 10 minutes..
- Add zucchini and squash and continue to cook until potatoes are cooked through and vegetables are tender but not mushy, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add Parmesan, thyme, and parsley and stir well. Serve hot. Garnish with greens onions. Salt and pepper to taste..
Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-low heat. The soup also freezes well, put some containers of soup in the freezer for a rainy day! This easy homemade vegetable soup is a good one! Add it to your regular rotation. I know I am making another pot this week.