Recipe: Tasty Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup
Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, celery, onion, basil, salt, and pepper. Pasta Fagioli, or Pasta e Fagioli, is a simple, humble man's "pasta and beans" soup from Italy that many families consider their bowl of comfort.
Stir in your cooked beans + raw pasta, bring to a boil and cook it until it's al dente! There are instructions for making pasta fagioli in the instant pot and in the slow cooker included in the recipe below. Both are equally as simple – and the instant pot is the fastest way to make this healthy pasta fagioli. You can have Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, chopped or julienned.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 quart of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 can (29 oz) of petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 can (15 oz.) of dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 2 can (15 oz.) of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 dash of oregano, dried.
- It’s 1 tsp of rosemary, fresh.
- You need 4 oz of dried pasta.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of basil, fresh.
- You need 2 tbsp of Italian parsley, fresh.
- It’s of parmesan cheese, fresh, shredded (optional).
Tips for making Vegan Pasta Fagioli: This Crockpot vegetarian pasta e fagioli soup recipe is a hearty and flavorful meatless meal that is easy to throw together so you have a hot meal ready with minimal effort!. If you're wondering what "pasta e fagioli" means. it's simple. This soup is a classic Italian dish that's well loved by many. I've been wanting to adapt pasta e fagioli for the Crock Pot for awhile, and this Slow Cooker Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Soup seemed like a natural variation.
Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup instructions
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, carrots, and celery. Season with salt..
- When onion starts to turn translucent, add minced garlic..
- When onion is completely translucent, add stock to pot and turn heat up to high..
- Add tomatoes (juice and all), canned beans, oregano, and rosemary. Add salt to taste..
- When soup comes to a boil, reduce heat so that soup simmers..
- When vegetables are tender, add pasta, fresh basil, and fresh parsley..
- While pasta is cooking, taste broth and adjust seasoning if desired. (I added a little garlic powder.).
- When pasta is done, soup can be served, or it can be kept on low heat until time to serve..
- To serve, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons shredded parmesan on each bowl of soup (if desired). To make it vegan, cheese can be omitted, or a dairy-free cheese such as Daiya mozzarella-style shreds can be substituted for the parmesan..
Sturdy kidney beans, carrots, and cabbage mingle with tomatoes and Italian-seasoned veggie broth for a warm, comforting dinner. Drain pasta, but reserve water for later use. An easy and hearty one-pot soup, vegetarian pasta fagioli is an Italian classic! We are traveling to Italy today, but I can't tell you where exactly because this recipe of pasta fagioli soup is probably a combination of several areas all over Italy. In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.