Hot rice soup (Chao). Prawn Soup and Hot and Spicy Fish. Roasted Cauliflower Soup, Phool Gobi Ka Bhurta and Haray Masalay Wali Phool Gobi. "Chao Ga" or rice porridge (or Congee) with chicken meat is a common street food in Vietnam and you will surprise that it really tastes quite well even in the hot tropical temperature like in the Vietnamese deep south province like Soc Trang. In fact, cháo rice soup is all-weather fare, and can be enjoyed at all times of the day.
Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms. A Chicken and Rice Soup made by cooking chicken pieces in the broth which yields a beautiful savoury, golden soup without having This Chicken and Rice Soup recipe is a terrific base for adding your own touch. You can have Hot rice soup (Chao) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot rice soup (Chao)
- You need 3 piece of vegetarian bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 cup of White uncooked rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced of each vegetables: carrot, celery, potato, broccoli, oyster mushrooms. (any vegetables will do).
- Prepare 1 cup of each of diced tofu, konyaku, vegetarian fish.
- It’s 1 packages of dry bean curd – broken into smaller pieces.
- You need 1 piece of ginger – chopped finely (ginger piece the size of your thumb).
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1 packages of Frozen chay quay or Chinese bread sticks.
- You need 1 each of lime – wedges.
It's slurp-worthy delicious as it is, but can take more veggies, more herbs, a squeeze. There are no reviews for Hello Chao – Rice Soup, Vietnam yet. Be the first to write a review! Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US.
Hot rice soup (Chao) instructions
- Fill large pot 2/3 full of water, add rice and vegetable bouillon, put on stove on high heat..
- Dice hardy vegetables first, such as carrots, potato, celery, etc. And add to boiling pot as you finished each one. Good way to clean out your fridge. All vegetables are optional, whatever you have in the fridge. Use small chopper machine to finely chop ginger fast..
- Add tofu, dry bean curd, vegetarian fish, konyaku (zero calories).
- Fill bowl with water and use strainer to remove suds in boiling pot, and clean the strainer from water in bowl, but keep the good soup in the pot. When bowl is full of suds, dump suds out in sink and get new water to continue removing suds as needed. The pot should still be boiling, about 30 to 40 min during the time you take to dice everything up, then turn off stove and it's ready to serve steaming hot..
- Serve soup topped with ground pepper, chopped cilantro leaves, squeeze of lime, toast chinese breadstick in the oven and cut into bite size pieces. (optional chopped peanut and bean sprouts.) I finely cut the cilantro stems and throw them in the pot. No need to waste them..
It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Sizzling Rice Soup features a light broth with vegetables, chicken or shrimp, and topped with toasty crispy rice. The sizzling and crackling sounds of the The sizzling and crackling sounds of the piping hot crispy rice as it is poured into the soup is sure to impress your guests. This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best!!