Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Vegan Lentil Soup
Vegan Lentil Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. This brown lentil soup is made with onions, garlic, tomato paste, celery, carrot, and parsley, which add great flavor to this easy soup. The perfect plant-based main or side.
No vegetarian food blog would be complete without a proper lentil soup, though, so I perfected one of my own. Because lentils are so small, you can skip the soaking step; simply add them to water and simmer away. That makes this low-calorie, gluten-free recipe a no-brainer for weeknight dinners. You can cook Vegan Lentil Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Lentil Soup
- You need 1 of celery stalk.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes (15 ounce).
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of green or brown lentils.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 T of thyme.
- It’s 1 t of red wine or sherry vinegar.
- You need of Frozen chopped spinach or kale.
Lentil soup is one of those recipes that should be in every cook's repertoire. Lentils are available in most grocery stores and are high in protein, healthy, and very cheap. This vegetarian lentil soup recipe uses plenty of seasonings to perk up the soup, including thyme, bay leaves and a bit of lemon juice to brighten all the flavors. Enjoy this traditional and warming dish!
Vegan Lentil Soup instructions
- Cook celery, carrot, and onion in a bit of oil or water until softened. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper..
- Add all ingredients except vinegar and spinach, then bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, about 30 min..
- Test to make sure lentils are done and then add vinegar and spinach..
This hearty vegan lentil soup is loaded with spices and vegetables like carrots, golden potatoes, celery, and spinach. It's a super easy, cozy lunch or dinner! Right up there with guacamole and granola , soup is one of those things I'd always rather do homemade rather than purchase if possible. This vegan lentil soup is a blended Middle Eastern style lentil soup, made with red lentils and blended for a super creamy and delicious soup! This vegan lentil soup is simply amazing!