Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion. Place squash, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Place squash, cut side down, in a greased shallow baking pan. In a large saucepan, saute onion and curry powder in butter until onion is tender. Cut squash in half; remove seeds and fibers. You can cook Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds
- You need 2 of acorn squash (skin on).
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s Dash of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 16 oz of chicken stock (use vegetable stock for vegan).
- It’s 16 oz of water.
- Prepare 1 pint of heavy whipping cream (leave out for vegan).
Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Cut squash in half, remove seeds. Place cooked squash halves on paper towels on baking board and allow to cool.
Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds step by step
- Chop onion into large chunks and smash garlic cloves and sauté for a few minutes until aromatic. Add salt, pepper and chunks of acorn squash and cook on medium heat for a few minutes..
- Add chicken stock and water and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Blend mixture with immersion blender and add in thyme and honey. Add more seasoning if desired..
- Add whipping cream and serve hot!.
- For toasted acorn squash seeds, clean seeds and dry first. Mix olive oil, a dash or salt and pepper and evenly coat seeds. Bake on 325 for 20 minutes! Serve on top of soup or as a snack for another day..
Acorn squash soup is an amazing soup to make, if you like butternut squash chances are you will love acorn squash soup as well. Mild-flavored acorn squash gets a Southwestern-inspired makeover in this flavorful soup that has a hint of spice from chipotle pepper–opt for more if you like the heat! Tips on roasting acorn and butternut squash. For roasting vegetables, especially winter squash, you will want uniformized sized pieces. I tried to keep the vegetables simple and wanted the winter squash to shine in this soup, so I only added a large onion and sliced it into large pieces.