Recipe: Yummy Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Creamy Cauliflower Soup. Add cauliflower, broth, parsley, salt and pepper, basil and tarragon. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Gradually stir in the milk and whipping cream.
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Pureed cauliflower florets and low-sodium chicken broth serve as the base for this creamy soup recipe, while roasted cauliflower leaves are used as a garnish. Add mixture to the simmering soup. You can cook Creamy Cauliflower Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of sourdough bread cubes.
- You need 1 medium of cubed unpeeled potato.
- It’s 1/2 medium of chopped yellow onion.
- It’s 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 medium of cauliflower head.
- You need 3/4 tsp of fine salt.
- Prepare 2 dash of turmeric.
- You need 1 bunch of parsley.
- You need 20 of croutons.
Check seasoning and add more salt or pepper if necessary. Just before serving, place the sour cream in a serving bowl or soup tureen. Add two to three ladles of hot soup into the tureen and stir to combine with the sour cream. Pour in remaining soup and stir.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup step by step
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat..
- Add bread, potato and onion; lower heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring often..
- Add broth, chopped cauliflower florets and salt, bring to a boil, cover and simmer until very tender, 20-25 minutes..
- Add turmeric..
- Puree. (Careful of the heat!) If you like some texture to your soup, you can set aside some cauliflower florets before pureeing and and them back in afterward..
- Garnish with parsley and croutons if desired..
Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Just pick up the bowl and drink! This is unintentional diet food at its best! I am very aware that there is a serious lack of vegetables / salads / meat free / cheese free / carb free food on my blog. Creamy Cauliflower Soup is the perfect comfort food for cold days.