Recipe: Appetizing Lentil Soup
Lentil Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Check Out Lentil Soup On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today!
Use green lentils, red lentils, brown lentils or a lentil soup mix. All it takes is a hint of spice flavourings, bay leaves and finishing it off with a touch of lemon to elevate this soup. Lentil Soup Pair lentils with your favorite vegetables to make this flavorful, hearty soup from Martha Stewart. You can cook Lentil Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil Soup
- It’s 2 cup of sliced carrots.
- It’s 2 cup of red yellow or orange peppers.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of Chopped or sliced garlic.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of lentils.
- You need 4 cup of chicken, beef, or veggie stock.
- It’s 4 cup of water.
There's no better way to warm up on a cold day than with a lentil soup. This soup recipe was a long time coming! Over the years, I made some lackluster lentil soups that never saw the light of day on this website. No vegetarian food blog would be complete without a proper lentil soup, though, so I perfected one of my own.
Lentil Soup step by step
- sauté carrots, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and peppers in 1/2cup tomato juice (from can) and 1 cup stock.
- add spices as preferred:I like extra granulated garlic, non-salt seasoning, black ground pepper, fresh jalapeños, and red pepper flakes.
- boil lentils until al dented. You do not want them mushy!.
- Combine lentils and veggies- let simmer one hour then serve!.
This is THE lentil soup I grew up with. My mother would make this for us at least once a week, and she would add anything to it: pork, chicken or beef. Personally, the pork version is the one I crave til today, but for now, I'm keeping this lentil soup simple and leaving the meat/chicken/pork part up to you! Thick, flavorful lentil soup is budget-friendly and full of nutrients. Stir up a batch with one of Food Network's most-popular lentil soup recipes, and make it a favorite in your repertoire.