Lemon rice soup. Heat broth to boiling in medium saucepan; stir in rice and garlic. Mix lemon juice and egg; slowly stir mixture into soup. Stir in parsley; season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Stir mixture into soup in pan and heat. Weight instead of measurement gives the option of using medium. Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. You can cook Lemon rice soup using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon rice soup
- Prepare 32 oz of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Season with salt and pepper and our in the stock, water, and lemon juice. Bring it all to a boil, then stir in the rice, add the bay leaf, and knock down the heat to a simmer. Tips for making lemon rice soup. To make homemade vegetable broth, just place the vegetable scraps of the outer layers of the carrots and onions, and the end pieces of the celery along with bay leaves and other herbs in a pot.
Lemon rice soup instructions
- Place broth and rice in saucepan, covered. bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. stir occasionally, and simmer about 30 minutes..
- Whisk lemon juice and egg yolks in small bowl. slowly whisk in about 1/3 cup of the hot broth..
- Pour lemon mixture into soup and stir well. season with salt and pepper..
- Cook on low ten additional minutes and serve..
A nice hot bowl of this Easy Lemon Rice Soup should do the trick! Sub zero temps, blustering wind, lots of snow, and plenty of ice. So to combat the frigid weather outside, I light a fire in the fireplace and put on a big pot of soup. This was my first attempt at making lemon rice soup and it was a big hit! This Lemon Rice and Chicken Soup also known as Avgolemono is a classic Greek soup thickened with eggs, loaded with rice, chicken and flavored with lots of lemon.