Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Black bean soup
Black bean soup. Watch how to make the best black bean soup! This vegetarian black bean soup recipe is so easy to make with canned beans. You can make it as spicy as you'd like.
Kick-start a healthy new year with Jamie's spicy and colourful Black Bean Soup recipe inspired by his recent travels to Costa Rica. Greatest black bean soup I've had, and VERY easy to make. All the toppings go great with it. You can cook Black bean soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black bean soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 can (15 ounces) of each – black beans, rinsed well and drained.
- It’s 32 oz of vegetable or chicken broth.
- You need 1 of lime, juice only.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, or to taste.
This was my first time making black bean soup and first time using dried beans. This Southwestern black bean soup is a quick and easy recipe made from pantry staples. What makes it so good is the high proportion of vegetables to beans: lots of garlic, onions, and even some carrots. Add black beans with their liquid and chicken broth.
Black bean soup instructions
- Heat olive oil in stock pot. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender, a food processor, or blender..
- Return to stock pot and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, cheese, avocado, or raw diced onions if desired..
Stir soup, add bay leaf and bring to a boil. Black bean soup recipes are among my favorite because they're light and it most of the time don't contain meat. For this recipe, you could add lean beef or chicken for a variation. Black bean soup, a healthy, hearty, satisfying and comforting meal or side dish. Black beans are my favorite beans in the whole world and I tried them just a few.